Part of Galveston Island Beach Patrol’s mission is to educate the public about beach safety and be a good partner to our surrounding community. We work hard on and off the beach to spread water safety information because we understand the importance of preventing emergencies before they happen. We also appreciate the outstanding support we receive from our community and work to give back to that community in any way that we can. In an effort to fulfill this mission, we organize or participate in the various programs listed below.
Click on a program to learn more about how we work to achieve our mission.
- School Educational Program
- Galveston Marine Response
- Community Day Camps
- Water Rescue Training for Surf Camps/Emergency Responders
- Junior Lifeguard Program
- Veracruz Lifeguard Exchange Program
- Jesse Tree Survivor Support Network partner
- Community Health Fairs
- Hotel Water Safety Information provider
- Flag Warning System
- “Safe Place” Location for Kids
- World’s Largest Swim Lesson
- Sea Scout Base-Galveston Partnership
- Beach Wheelchair Program