The intent of the Galveston Lifesaving Association Surf Club is to provide an “Australian Style” Surf Club to the Galveston area.
The goal is to promote lifeguarding and lifeguard sport in the Galveston area, to strengthen ties with the community, and to enhance and grow a healthy and positive local beach culture.
Two types of membership are available:
- Associate membership: $100 annually, $40 for Park Board Employees
- Alumnus Member (for previous GIBP Lifeguards): $40 annually
All members receive the following:
- Membership to the United States Lifesaving Association (USLA)
- Membership in America’s professional beach lifeguard association
- Discounts on sunglasses, swim fins, clothing, automobiles, and many other items
- USLA membership card
- Subscription to American Lifeguard Magazine
- Lifeguard educational conferences
- Local, regional and national Board of Directors meetings
- Public education materials
- USLA decal and other items
- The latest information on open water rescue
- Networking among other open water rescuers
- Galveston Lifeguarding Association T-shirt or comparable item
- Access to Lifeguard Training and Education Lab (foosball, ping pong, arcade games, lounge) during office hours
- Access to weight room during office hours or with a Beach Patrol supervisor
Members who complete a 500 meter swim in 10 minutes or less, are able to:
- participate in lifeguard daily workouts
- participate in the Beach Fest events
- participate in Night Swim
- able to use paddleboards and lifesaving equipment (surf skis, dory, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, etc)- after an orientation
- participate in USLA sanctioned competitions, eligibility to participate in Regional, national and international lifeguard exchanges
Download and fill out the below the physical waiver below. Completed Waivers and annual dues can be returned:
- In person at our Headquarters: 301 Seawall Blvd., Stewart Beach, on the third floor of the pavilion.
- By mail to: Galveston Island Beach Patrol, 601 Tremont St., Galveston, TX 77550
We accept personal checks, cash, or money orders made out to Galveston Lifeguarding Association, Inc.